Personal growth through innovation and learning together
We're looking for a senior Solutions Architect with considerable experience throughout the software development lifecycle, as well as familiarity with modern technologies such as cloud computing and big data.
- Identifying and establishing a solution within a given technology platform and framework in order to fulfill a client's business requirements.
- Ensuring that the solution aligns with the strategic vision of the overall IT architecture of the client.
- Establishing the business context for the solution, defining the vision and requirements, identifying options and recommending the optimal approach, and developing a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Identifying appropriate upgrade, replacement or decommissioning options with consideration to total cost of ownership.
- Communicating with stakeholders and collaborating with domain architects in the adoption of technology solutions.
- Managing the activities that take place during solution ideation, design and implementation.
- Influencing changes to the direction of the architecture, as necessary.
- Providing technical consultancy, expertise and advice to development teams and management on matters of technical architecture and infrastructure development.
- Providing analysis of information security/protection technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience in Java/JEE environment.
- 5+ years of technical and solution architecture experience in finance or telecommunications industries.
- 3+ years of application migration experience from on-premise to cloud.
- 2+ years of Open Banking project experience using industry standards and best practices in Open API and API Management (Gateway, Portal & Analytics).
- Knowledge of Banking Industry Architecture Network (BIAN) architecture framework.
- Certifications in some or all of the following areas:
- Open API and API Management.
- Cloud application development, security, networks, development operations and administration.
- Application Server, Linux.
Technologies & tools
- Java, JEE, SQL, PL/SQL, Web Service (RESTful, SOAP), Microservice, SOA, BPM, Spring Framework, Spring Data JPA, Sprint-Boot.
- Clustered environments: WebLogic, JBoss and/or WebSphere.
- Database: Oracle, mySQL, Postgres.
- Operating systems: Unix, Linux and MS Windows.
- Cloud technologies: OpenShift, AWS, GCP.
- Other: Hibernate, Git, Maven, Docker.
- Flexible and adaptable with regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities.
- Technically creative and open-minded.
- Toronto, ON
- Salary or rate
- Commensurate with experience